The African Independent is hiring!
We're looking for a sales executive based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Please see the job description below and send in your CV before 21 June.
We look forward to meeting you.
Sales Executive (JHB based)
The African Independent has an exciting and challenging vacancy for a Sales Executive. The successful incumbent will be responsible for driving sales for the African Independent business coverage through news and events. The position is open to a qualified, experienced and target-driven person with a solid understanding of the advertisement and the African continent’s current happenings.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for:
- Servicing existing clients base
- Achieving monthly sales targets
- Sourcing new business
- Creating additional revenue events
- Providing excellent customer service
The applicant should meet the following criteria:
- 4 years' advertising sales experience – with at least 2 years’ experience dealing with print titles.
- A post-matric qualification in Sales/Marketing/Media Planning/Buying.
- Extensive knowledge of the media industry.
- Excellent presentation skills to agency and clients direct.
- Proven sales achievements.
- Computer literate.
- Sound administrative skills.
- Valid code 08 drivers licence and own transport.
- Must be self-motivated and a team player.
- Having newspaper selling experience and newspaper production process knowledge will be an advantage.
- Have the ability to identify and exploit sales opportunities in the marketplace.
- Have a good command of the English language.
- Be confident and have the ability to deal with clients and management at all levels.
- Be able to work accurately to deadline with minimum supervision in a highly pressurised team environment.
Independent Newspapers is committed to its Employment Equity and Affirmative Action plans.
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit a written application and detailed CV by no later than 16h30 on Wednesday 21 June 2017 to:
P O Box 56
Email: [email protected]
If you have not heard from us within four weeks of submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.